Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lost entry & Happy New Year

Well, I guess I should have saved my last post. LOL I thought I did. I wrote it on Christmas Eve, wishing you all a Merry Christmas and joyfilled and blessed 2009. Since I didn't save it or there was an error, I do hope you all had a wonderful Holiday. Ours was as good as it could be. I'd been to the doctor a few days before and he told me I'm going to have to take it easy. To sit down when I get tired, to take a nap when I felt the need. He told me that it would probably take me a good 6 months for me to be completely recovered. So my Chrismas baking and candy making were deeply cut back and I took every shortcut & all the help I could get making Christmas dinner. All of my kids were here for breakfast and lunch. My daughter brought her new boyfriend. Her brothers and dad actually like this guy. Let's hope he's the winner that she deserves.


As for my recovering from last month's ordeal, I have been having trouble keeping down food some time. I don't know if it's the food or my pancreas. The DR said it is probably both. All I have wanted to do since Christmas is sleep. My husband has been so nice to let me. Last night I went to sleep about 10pm and didn't wake up till nearly 3pm today. Plus I slept for another hour later!

Well, that's all for now. Once again, Happy New Year! Love you all.
Photobucket

7 comments:

gina said...

i'm glad you are recovering...even if it's slow, hang in there and do as the doc says!! i'm also glad you had a wonderful Christmas surrouned by your family. happy new year!!

Sandra said...

Hi Barb, I`m glad you are listening to the doctor`s advice, a good husband plays a very important role in getting you back to full health and you certainly have one of those! I`m pleased to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, take care. :o)

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Missie said...

Feel better soon! With the new year, will come better health for all us!

lisa said...

i am so glad you all had a good holiday and for 2009, i pray you get well and stay well. Please continue to listen to your doc....and sleep as much as neccasary. I know well what not getting enough sleep does to a person. LOVE YOU SO!

ADB said...

Wishing you all the best for a healthy 2009, Barb

Guido

Lisa said...

I have not been getting alerts or seen it come up on my updates page so I will hope it lets me know next time.... glad I found ya again... it's me Lisa (Adventures from Florida and then Adventures From Florida to Kentuckiana) and now I'm That Kentucky girl....
stop by sometime...
Happy New Year!! Can't wait to catch up on all the happenings!
Lisa

Cathy said...

Forget the cookies hun, you can bake me some another time lol. Just follow medical orders and read lots of books. Love ya!