Friday, October 10, 2008

OKAY, I'm here. Gimme a beer or SOMETHIN!!! LOL




OKAY. I think I'm here. I'm obviously not a spammer, so they let me back in. But both of my blogs have the same name so I "hid" my AOL Journal that I moved over here, so if anyone wants to go back (I don't know why they would, but it's here. LOL I'm exhausted and if I had any sense I would be in bed. I stayed up late because Tom was home to get the girls off to school. Rich was up and off to a DR appointment, so I decided to sleep in. Richard came in and said, Barb you're late for YOUR DR appointment. LOL I looked at the calendar wrong, but so did he . LOL Thank God I had already showered and only had to throw on some makeup and clothes and put my hair up in a clip, call the DRs office and tell them I would be about 20-30 min late (he's the DOC that I wait sometimes 3 or 4 hours to see) so I wasn't too worried about being 20 min late. Rich went with me (he's such a sweetie) after we got out of there (AT 1:40pm -from an 11am appt)we went to a place called The Cotton Patch. Split a chicken fried steak lunch. More food that any one person should be eating. Got back to the house. Tom was going to pick up the girls from school. I was getting a headache and my foot was aching. I laid down on the couch to watch the Sopranos on A&E. Yes, I'm an avid. SICK Sopranos fan. LOL I usually fall asleep after it's over and the characters are always showing up in my dreams. LOL Ashley (oldest grand) was here for a couple days. She's moved from 5th grade over to what used to be JR High and is now 6th, 7th & 8th. She had her first formal choir concert. They all wear the same dresses...the bodice is black velvet with a sweetheart neckline & the skirt part is I think what you call taffeta, or satina ....it's not shiny like satin. (black also) with a satin ribbon dividing the bodice and skirt. I put on one of my necklaces on her. A cross pendant that has 7 chains. I fixed her hair flipped up all over (shoulder length) and pulled it back on top a little & clipped it with a small black bow. God, she looked so grown up and sing? That child has a voice of an angel. I was so shocked how well she sings. The concert was so sweet. Each class girls' choir sang and the boys are combined all three grades. It was AWESOME. I think the 6th graders out sang them all. You don't think I'm prejudiced? Tommy even brought Shelby (6) and Kenzie (5). They SO look up to Ashely.
I hate it that Chad & Malizza left town and missed this concert. He is on vacation this week and they took off Wed with Hailey and went back to Dallas (there were just there 2 weekends ago). I'm taking Ash to the Airport in the morning & she is flying down there tomorrow. I hope they have a good weekend. Chad said they were thinking about going to 6 Flags. I hope they get to.
HERE it is Texas Tech's homecoming & we are looking at about 4 inches of rain. Think I will stay home and watch the game on TV. I have to brag a little bit. I think 5 or 6 of our Big XII are in the top 20 in the nation. Tech is 7th this week. But they have a pretty tough rest of the season to finish out. I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I love all football.
OMG, I just looked @ the clock and it is nearly 2:50am. I have GOTTA go to bed.
Luv N Hugs, Barb

6 comments:

gina said...

glad you stuck it out and got here. welcome! :)

lisa said...

LOVE the pics..thank God you are here finally...you bad bad spammer woman! lol
it is gonna take some getting used to, huh?
Hope you all don't get all that rain. XOXOXO

Martha said...

Hi spammer - I mean Barb, LOL! Here, I have your cold beer waiting for ya! Welcome to the new neighborhood! :-)

Terri said...

I got cha an ice cold beer here...hey it's 5 oclock somewhere...lol

So glad you made it, love the pics..glad the concert with the choir went well...

Hugs
Terri

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

My gosh, Barb, those girls are getting so grown up and more gorgeous than ever! I'm sooo glad you are finally here. Lord, girl, I'm confused enough and then I can't find the damned url's. LOL...love you to pieces!!!!

ADB said...

Welcome to Blogger, Barb - beer coming your way lol

Guido
http://atlantic-lines.blogspot.com