Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hot Fun in the Summertime...

Well, I personally cannot believe that we are already halfway through July. School starts August 27th, I believe. Sheesh where does the time go?

I was out of commission for a couple of weeks in June. I had a toe where infection got into the bone. So oothe result of that: amputation. The dr didn't have to take the complete toe. It was a simple surgery. I was hardly in any pain. It had to be done. I had to use a walker for a couple weeks and couldn't go swimming of course.

I have been doing a LOT of babysitting. I keep our son Tom's daughters, Shelby and Kenzie when he works. And he's been working a lot. And our oldest son, Chad who also works for the railroad, works many odd hours. I babysat 5 of our 7 kids one day for 9 1/2 hours, That's a 10 yr old, 9 yr old, 5 yr old and the twins...2 urs old. OMG that was aa LONG day, but I love it. The next day it was just the twins and Hailey ( 5). Shelby and Kenzie spend a lot of nights here. This is their home away from home I would say.

When I'm not babysitting it seems the kids are all over here anyway swimming. Tom threw a swim party here for Mackenzie last Tues. There 18 kids and adults here. It's a lot of work when you are cooking and supervising that many people, but the adults watch their kids and Tom did all the work as far as cooking and cleaning up. Chad and his family are on their way over to swim right now. I love it when all the grands are here.

Just got back from grocery shopping. It was nice to just get out of the house. I am SO readdy for a road trip. OH! I forgot the big news. My DH, Richard retired from the BNSF Railroad. He retired 41 years to the day that hee started working for them! June 28. I am out of my mind happy to have him around all the time! We plan to travel some.He is building a tear drop trailer. He has the 55 tbird and will undoubtedly be working on it...not that it really needss anything right now. But if you know anything about "car guys" they are always tinkering with their cars. I'm glad he has hobbies.

Well I have rambled on enough for today. The kids will be here any minute to swim. Hope you have a lovely day.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Barb, I am so happy for you that hubby has retired and you guys can travel and spend some time together. Also that you have so much time with your grandkids. That is so important. The one person I love the most in life and have the fondest memories of is my Granny. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear of feet problems. That has been going on for so long. Much love and prayers.

Gerry said...

It is great to hear about your swimming activities with your grandchildren. Reminds me of what my sister Ann has always done who taught swimming for years. I am so glad you are going to get some time now with your retiring husband to do a little traveling. And very glad your surgery went as well as it did, as I know you have had those problems for a long time.

Unknown said...

There is nothing like having hubby around. I'm so glad the two of you will have more time together now. And the grandkids? They are blessed to have such a loving grandma. So sorry about your foot hon, but relieved that it went well. You take care.

Tina of Moon Shine said...

I was lucky in that I had a home away from home with my grandparents. I treasure those memories to this day! sorry about your toe!

Sharon said...

Lucky Richard congrats on Retiring! You guys should have a lot of fun now!