Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weather Roller Coaster

Well, the past few days have been a weather roller coater and the forecast for the coming week looks like the same thing. Maybe not to the extreme we had last week. On Thursday it was 80 degrees. Friday we had snow and temperatures in the 20s all day. The snow would cover the ground, stop, sun would come out, snow would be gone then start snowing again. AND SO WINDY. Not fit for man nor beast. My tulips had bloomed already & were almost done, so the few that were left bit the dust. Saturday was a lot better. I think that the high was in the 40s. Today it was 76 this afternoon. I made a hearty beef stew on Friday. It was so good. The girls at the rest of it for dinner this evening.
My son, Tommy quit smoking on the 26d. I aim so proud of him. It's his 3rd attempt. I hope this one sticks. He took the girls to see Monsters Vs Aliens yesterday. The girls LOVED it.
I've done nothing all weekend. My 12 yr old granddaughter & my daughter both have read the Twilight books and raved on about them so i started the first one. I have several bay afgahs to finish and I haven't quite mastered crocheting and reading at the same time. LOL
Oh and the best news for last, our daughter is being baptized next weekend. We were terrible parents & never took them to church on a regular basis. Richard being a lapsed Catholoic and me never finding that Church home I felt good about. I am super pleased about her decision and think it will make nothing but good changes in her life.
Hope you all have warm beautiful weather this week. We will be mostly warm but windy about every other day. LOL Take care. Love you all!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Terri said...

Our weather is a roller coaster as well..yesterday it was in the 40's today in the 60's and beautiful...

Good luck to Tommy on quitting smoking!!

How awesome your daughter is getting baptized...what a blessing!

Hugs
Terri

Linda's World said...

The weather is weird all over. It's still too early for the tulips to bloom here, probably will be another month. But the daffodils are nodding their yellow heads. I love them....Linda in 45* Washington

Unknown said...

Our weather is a kind of a roller coaster too

Missie said...

The weather every where has been so odd! Floods, blizzards, we had a small tornado....

Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Martha said...

Just checking in on you Barb. Love the graphic :-)

Lisa said...

Congrats about the wonderful choices your kids have made... quitting smoking is so hard and getting baptized is totally awesome!! LOL crochet and read at the same time... let me know when you figure out how to do that one LOL! I hope you will show us a picture of your afghans when they are finished. We are having the same crazy weather here too in Kentucky!
God Bless,
Lisa